Did someone say banana split?! Oh wait, that was me… reaching for the last, perfectly-spotted banana on my countertop, and quickly splitting it right down the middle. They always seem to smell so incredible right before they turn, and I couldn’t stand the thought of letting it going to waste.
And, if you’re like me, and happen to be a fan of these unctuous yellow fruits along with identifying as the type of eater who has words like “volume” and “whimsy” in your vocabulary, then this dessert is right up your alley. It’s big, its bold, and it’s layered with a quantity of flavors, textures, and most importantly- cookie dough.
As far as level of complexity is concerned, this banana boat is super simple to assemble. Three giant scoops of dough right down the center, with heavy drizzles of my typical topping suspects, melted chocolate and peanut butter. Plus a pinch of coconut chips, for good measure. But no, you don’t have to measure- I certainly didn’t. In fact, I’m highly against it. We’re going for quantity, remember? And trying to be precise about ingredients… well, that would just be criminal.
Cookie Dough Banana Boats
• 1 banana, split
• 3 scoops of Edoughble cookie dough
• 1 T peanut butter
• 1 tsp. melted chocolate, for drizzling
• coconut chips
1. Grab a fresh banana, slice it down the middle, and lay it flat on a plate, or in a bowl.
2. Warm up a spoon, and scoop out a few of your favorite Edoughble flavors on top of the banana.
3. Drizzle with melted chocolate, peanut butter, coconut chips, or any other toppings you’d like!